Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bipolar

Are you manic...
The midnight silence surrounds me
My mind is racing fast
I couldn't feel any more complete
And the past is merely the past

These nights I undergo insomnia
But it's hardly any suffering at all
While the rest of the world is fast asleep
I am having a ball

My endless energy flows freely
And I have no need to worry
I jump from impulse to impulse
Because I am in such a hurry

I know this feeling will soon end
It always has, always will
But while it lasts I will enjoy it
It's better than taking any pill

...or depressed?
Another bad ending
Another broken heart
Another shredded promise
Another world torn apart

Another pair of scissors
Another time she'll cry
Another ruined life
Another time she'll die

Another attempt at love
Another chance she takes
Another failed relationship
Another cut she makes

Another hallucination
Another suicidal thought
Another sad poem
Another day distraught

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a really, really good poem, Rebekah. This might be worth submitting to a magazine -- even one on emotional health.

    ReplyDelete